CHRISTIAN LIVING - LESSON 2
The Power Of The Tongue
You will need your Bible and a pen & notebook to complete these lessons. You should be able to copy and paste these outlines to your word processor and print them without difficulty if you so desire. We recommend you record in your note book deep thoughts or questions that may arise as you study, and certainly record all things God reveals to your heart. Look over these notes frequently and use them even as you pray. God will cause you to grow in wisdom and understanding. Keep your note book with you throughout the day as much as possible to record all God reveals to you and to review the things you have learned. Look up all bible verses in this study. Highlight or mark them in your bible. It is Gods Word speaking directly to you.
We also recommend you make a habit of memorizing a scripture each week. This not only helps get the Word deep in your heart, but is also an excellent mental exercise.
Spotlight scripture: Proverbs 18:21
Death and life are in the power of the tongue,
and those who love it will eat it's fruit.
1. Is what we say really important?
For we all stumble in many things. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man,
able also to bridal the whole body. Indeed, we put bits in horses mouths that they may obey us, and we turn their whole body.
Look also at ships: although they are so large and driven by fierce winds, they are turned by a very small rudder wherever
the pilot desires. Even so the tongue is a little member and boasts great things. See how great a forest a little fire kindles!
2. God never does anything without saying it first.
* God is a faith God
* God releases His faith in words
Genesis 1: 1-27
A) Jesus gave us instruction to apply our faith with words in like manner.
So Jesus answered and said to them, "Have faith in God. For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain,'be removed and
be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things which he says will be done, he will have whatever
he says. Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them."
3. Jesus imitates the Father and He is our example.
John 5:19 Then Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do;
for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner."
Therefore be imitators of God as dear children.
~ God would not ask us to do something that we are not capable of doing.
*Jesus operated in the faith principles of Mark 11:23 and Matthew 17:20 while He was on earth.
- He spoke to the wind and sea, He spoke to demons, He spoke to a fig tree. He even spoke to dead men. The wind, sea,demons and
even the dead were obedient to what He said!
HE OPERATED IN THE GOD KIND OF FAITH!
4. Jesus faith says you can do the impossible.
John 14:12 "...He that believeth on Me the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do..."
- These principles of faith are based on spiritual laws.
- They work for whosoever will apply these laws. (just as gravity works the same for all, as it is a physical law, so to spiritual laws
are just as permanent and even more so)
- You set them in motion by the words of your mouth and a believing heart. (that combination is powerful enough to create whatever
it is applied to)
BEWARE! Negative confession out of a believing heart is just as potent. The Word teaches us that if we believe in our heart and confess with our mouths, we can have whatsoever we say. (Mark 11:23-24)
* Do you really want all the things you've been saying?
* Are you believing for those things or complaining about what is?
WE CAN CHANGE WHAT IS BY CHANGING WHAT WE CONFESS. IF WE JUST KEEP SAYING WHAT IS, THEN THAT IS WHAT WE WILL ALWAYS HAVE!
~If Jesus said to you personally, "from this day forward everything you say will happen exactly as you say it", would that change your vocabulary?
5. Live in the authority of God's Word.
* Think of words as though they are containers. They carry faith, or fear, and they produce after their own kind.
* The Word of God is never void of power, just power unengaged when it is unspoken.
Mark 11:23 "For verily I say unto you, that whosoever shall say to this mountain, 'be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea'; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith."
* Jesus is saying that we can have what we say. ~ We can change what is by changing what we confess, but if we just keep saying what is, then that is what we will always have!
6. Learn to release your faith in words.
A. You can have what you say.
* Jesus said "...as thou hast believed, so be it unto thee". (Matthew 8:13)
- He did not say it would only work if you believed right. Whether you believe right or wrong, it is still a law.
Galatians 6:7 God is not mocked, whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap.
* This spiritual law of words is based on and related to the same basic principle of seed, time and harvest. (more on this in another lesson coming soon)
* The words that you speak are seeds that produce after their kind. Just as sure as they are planted, you can be equally sure a harvest will follow. If not for God's mercy and grace we would all be in trouble. He holds back much of our negative confession for our benefit!
B. Speak Gods Word.
I. Spend time in prayer. Pray the answer not the problem. - God's Word is filled with answers you need. Find a scripture thatanswers
your problem and pray based on thast promise.
II. Speak accurately and consistant with your faith. Your conversation should always consist of what God said, not your fears.
III. Speak the desired end result. Jesus never spoke the problem but always the desired end result.
IV. Use the written Word to defeat satan.
THE WORD OF GOD CONCEIVED IN THE HEART, FORMED BY THE TONGUE AND SPOKEN OUT OF THE MOUTH IS CREATIVE POWER!!!
~ Put into practice daily what you have learned here today and watch the power of God work on your behalf ~
~Consistency in doing the Word brings victory!~
School Of Faith with Dan & Suzann Christian Living - Lesson 2