CHRISTIAN LIVING - LESSON 1
You will need your Bible and a pen & notebook to complete these lessons. You should be able to copy and paste these outlines to your word processor and print them without difficulty if you so desire. We recommend you record in your note book deep thoughts or questions that may arise as you study, and certainly record all things God reveals to your heart. Look over these notes frequently and use them even as you pray. God will cause you to grow in wisdom and understanding. Keep your note book with you throughout the day as much as possible to record all God reveals to you and to review the things you have learned. Look up all bible verses in this study. Highlight or mark them in your bible. It is Gods Word speaking directly to you.
We also recommend you make a habit of memorizing a scripture each week. This not only helps get the Word deep in your heart, but is also an excellent mental exercise.
AN EXCERPT OF A PROPHETIC WORD RECEIVED BY DANIEL WHILE IN PRAYER AND FASTING PREPARING FOR A MISSION TRIP TO THAILAND IN JANUARY OF 2012:
Preach and teach the word of faithfulness. Much of the world has a predisposition to being flighty or fickle and this needs to be unlearned in order for my my children to walk in their destiny in Me.
I need more people which aren't concerned with self but are concerned with Me and My cause.
1. God is the one place we can fully put our trust:
King David trusted Him, and he was king. (Psalm 7:1)
- We can trust our spouse, but they can't do everything.
- We can trust our teacher's, but they don't know everything.
- We can trust our doctor but he can't cure everything.
- We can trust our mechanic, but he can't fix everything.
Only God can be trusted with ABSOLUTLY EVERYTHING!!
a) Many wonder about God's faithfulness.
- they wonder if He will do as he said this time.
* will He heal this time?...will He answer this time?...will He help this time?
b) Many question if their lack of spirituality will cause God to be unfaithful toward them.
- when they've been disobedient - when they've turned their backs on Him, or if we ever deny Him because of fear or for self preservation - when we serve ourselves instead of Him -
HE IS STILL FAITHFUL TOWARD US WITH GRACE THAT NEVER STOPS & LOVE THAT ALWAYS ENDURES!
2. God is waiting patiently for us to be faithful.
a) It is our faithfulness that is in question, never God's!
b) Every generation has this same battle - it is nothing new.
Even in ancient times we see the ungodliness of people growing and the godly shrinking in
(Psalm 12:1Help, Lord, for the godly man ceases! For the faithful disappear from among the sons of men.)
* Just as today, even in the time of King David, it looks like things are in a deteriorating state spiritually and evil is winning the fight for mens souls; but looks can be deceiving.
c) No condition or circumstance or problem is to difficult for God - EVER!
God Has a plan -
Psalm 31:23Love God, all you saints; God takes care of all who stay close to Him. (Message Bible)
How Do We Stay Close To God?
1. Remember He promised He would never leave you nor forsake you. (Deuteronomy 13:6 & Hebrews 13:5) Trust His Word!
2. Remain faithful to God and His work.
a) Proverbs 20:6
Most men will proclaim each his own goodness, But who can find a faithful man?
~ God will accept a prodigal son, but what a mistake for anyone to decide to serve their flesh,
suffer the wages of sin, as well as in doing so serving the devil rather than Jesus?
3. Daily feed on the Word of God.
- this gives first, knowledge of His promises and second, strength to hold onto those promises.
Romans 10:17Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.
4. Take time to pray every day.
All of these are important because:
*We are called to walk by faith and not by sight - and we need that strength which
comes from God in order to do it.
*The Word gives us consistency - you won't waver in uncertainty because you know what
God has said.
*You can better understand how to follow the faith of those that have gone before (Isaac,
Psalm 51:10 Renew in me a steadfast spirit (steadfast means faithful and unwavering)
Hebrews 10:35 Don't cast away your confidence
(Amplified says: Do not, therefore, fling away your fearless cinfidence, for it carries a great and glorious compensation of reward.)
Galatians 6:9 Don't grow weary in well doing...
With every effort we make to be that faithful person, we line ourselves up for God's best! With every action the Lord asks of us, His reaction is to bless us more!
FAITHFULNESS, CONSISTANCY, WALKING IN LOVE AND FAITH IN THE WORD OF GOD, NOT WAVERING WITH DOUBT, NO MATTER WHAT THE CIRCUMSTANCE, IS THE DOORWAY INTO THE MANIFEST (REVEALED) PRESENCE OF GOD IN OUR PERSONAL LIVES! THIS PRESENCE BRINGS THE GLORY!
... AND THE GLORY (John 17:20-23)...
...IS ANOTHER LESSON...
School Of Faith with Dan & Suzann Christian Living - Lesson 1