EVANGELISM - LESSON FIVE
You will need your Bible and a pen & notebook to complete these lessons. You should be able to copy and paste these outlines to your word processor and print them without difficulty if you so desire. We recommend you record in your note book deep thoughts or questions that may arise as you study, and certainly record all things God reveals to your heart. Look over these notes frequently and use them even as you pray. God will cause you to grow in wisdom and understanding. Keep your note book with you throughout the day as much as possible to record all God reveals to you and to review the things you have learned. Look up all bible versus in each study and highlight them or mark your favorites in your Bible. It is God's Word to you.
We also recommend you make a habit of memorizing a scripture each week. This not only helps get the Word deep in your heart, but is also an excellent mental exercise.
The Open Door
- Becoming a Contagious Christian
~ Someone opened the door for us, let us open the door for another.
Life experience - Precious for some (Beauty of family, children, a home & career, memories)
For others - Precarious, difficult
- Wrought with pain for some
- Consider nations such as Bangladesh & Guatemala
The world shows us such contrast between the effects of good and those of evil.
Many nations led by a spirit of genuine good will, with productive, caring and compassionate people increasing,
-yet some nations are led by something else altogether, with the fruit it produces, such as violence, driven anger, consumed with dominance, viewing outsiders as worthless, and their own women or people groups as possessions.
How, after 2000 years since Christ brought true light can this be so?
-Jesus taught us how to love,
- …how to live
- …how to treat each other
- …showed us the way to heaven
Why is there still so many caught in darkness?
Can we change the world?
Is there anything we can do?
YES THERE IS!
The world needs Jesus and YOU must become a CONTAGIOUS CHRISTIAN!!!
Becoming A Contagious Christian
1. Choose sides.
Mark 9:38-40 Now John answered Him, saying, “Teacher, we saw someone who does not follow us casting out demons in your name, and we forbade him because he does not follow us.”
But Jesus said, “Do not forbid him, for no one who works a miracle in My name can soon afterward speak evil of Me.
For he who is not against us is on our side.”
- The first thing we must do is realize who’s side we are on and who is, and who is not our enemy.
Unity! We’re in this together!
Working together with other believers, Or Christian churches, will advance the kingdom of God more effectively!
We are NOT in competition with other believers or churches.
For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body - whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free - and have all been made to drink into one Spirit.
Continually CHECK YOUR HEART in this matter -
- DON’T EVER allow satan to use you to sow discord among believers.
(It’s not a typo. I think satan doesn’t deserve a capital letter in his name).
There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord.
And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all
We fight for God’s kingdom, against evil, never against each other!
2. Choose to Live Right.
“I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.”
- We are to live FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD!
- Simple acts of love and kindness are an important part of who we are to be.
- REMEMBER to allow Holy Spirit to develop His fruit within you.
- Make a Conscious effort to yield to Holy Spirit and deny negative flesh tendencies toward darkness.
Instead of anger - love
Animosity - forgiveness
Stress/anxiety - faith/hope
Restlessness - patience
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
3. Choose to show the way to others.
Mark 16:15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.”
- We offer eternal life - there is nothing greater!
- Never be to shy to pray over a meal in a restaurant! THANKFULNESS IS NORMAL!
- We are to be BOLD, not obnoxious, but never scared to stand up for what we believe.
- How can we let our light shine if we keep it hidden?
- The world NEEDS WHAT WE HAVE! (whether they think so or not)
4. Choose to Serve Jesus Over Self.
John 12:26 “If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor.”
- In building our life BE SURE we are building the kingdom of God.
- We can view our job/career as a source of seed for God’s work:
*Invite co-workers to church
*Pray for others as needs arise
*Sow Finances to ministries (School of Faith, Miracle Channel, church, people in need)
- Our effort to serve; in giving, at church, and helping others doesn’t go unnoticed by God.
Jesus said “seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things would be added to us! (food, shelter, clothing etc.)
To dedicate ourselves to furthering the gospel makes eternal differences in the lives of others!
All the good we do in this life shines, attracting others to God’s kingdom!
Our best defense against evil is a strong push towards living right & keeping God FIRST PLACE in our lives!
Darkness losses all strength when confronted with light!
Be bold and walk in love
YOU CAN DO IT! Let God’s Spirit FLOW THROUGH YOU!
School Of Faith with Dan & Suzann Evangelism - Lesson 5