EVANGELISM - LESSON THREE
The Open Door - Choosing Right Every Time!
You will need your Bible and a pen & notebook to complete these lessons. You should be able to copy and paste these outlines to your word processor and print them without difficulty if you so desire. We recommend you record in your note book deep thoughts or questions that may arise as you study, and certainly record all things God reveals to your heart. Look over these notes frequently and use them even as you pray. God will cause you to grow in wisdom and understanding. Keep your note book with you throughout the day as much as possible to record all God reveals to you and to review the things you have learned. Look up all bible versus in each study and highlight them or mark your favorites in your Bible. It is God's Word to you.
We also recommend you make a habit of memorizing a scripture each week. This not only helps get the Word deep in your heart, but is also an excellent mental exercise.
THE OPEN DOOR - CHOOSING RIGHT EVERY TIME!
Life is a precious experience for many, yet for others difficulty and suffering may best describe their time. In this world there is such visible, obvious contrast between the effects of good and those of evil in men’s lives. In some nations there is a productive, caring and passionate people, yet in others a violent, driven anger consumed with dominance, which views outsiders as worthless, and their own women as possessions.
How is it that over two thousand years since Christ brought true light into the world, taught us how to love, and showed us the way to heaven, is their still so many caught in darkness today? Can we change the world? Is there anything we can do?
1. Choose sides.
Now John answered Him, saying, “Teacher, we saw someone who does not follow us
casting out demons in Your name, and we forbade him because he does not follow
us.” But Jesus said, “Do not forbid him, for no one who works a miracle in My
name can soon afterward speak evil of Me. For he who is not against us is on our
- The first thing we must do is realize who’s side we are on, and who is, and is not our
- Working together with other believers, or Christian churches, will advance the kingdom more efficiently.
- We are not in competition with other believers or churches. Continually check your heart in this matter.
2. Choose to do right.
- It is written we are to be “doers of the Word”, and here we see our efforts can help
attract those who “do the truth” to the light.
- Simple acts of love and kindness are an important part of who we are to be. Remember to allow Holy
Spirit to develop His fruit within you. It takes a conscious effort on the part of the believer to yield to Holy Spirit
and deny natural flesh tendencies.
3. Choose to show the way to others.
- We offer eternal life to others. There is no thing greater!
- Don't be ashamed of the all gospel of Jesus, which includes faith for healing and manifestations of God's presence.
- Listed among some of the most obvious sins the scripture includes in it's list "having a form of godliness but denying
it's power", and from such we are instructed to turn away (2Timothy 3:1-5). Don't be ashamed of God's presence and power.
It is part of Him and His kingdom.
4. Choose to serve Jesus over self.
“If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be
also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor.”
Conclusion: To dedicate ourselves to furthering the gospel we make eternal differences in the lives of others. Every good thing we do in this life shines, and the godly life we live attracts others toward the light, whether we realize it at the time or not. Our best defence against evil is a strong offensive push of living right and doing good in God’s eyes. Against the light darkness loses all strength. Be bold in this life we live for Christ and walk in love. Quench darkness everywhere you go!
School Of Faith with Dan & Suzann Evangelism - Lesson 3