EVANGELISM - LESSON TWO
An Extraordinary Life!
You will need your Bible and a pen & notebook to complete these lessons. You should be able to copy and paste these outlines to your word processor and print them without difficulty if you so desire. We recommend you record in your note book deep thoughts or questions that may arise as you study, and certainly record all things God reveals to your heart. Look over these notes frequently and use them even as you pray. God will cause you to grow in wisdom and understanding. Keep your note book with you throughout the day as much as possible to record all God reveals to you and to review the things you have learned. Look up all bible versus in each study and highlight them or mark your favorites in your Bible. It is God's Word to you.
We also recommend you make a habit of memorizing a scripture each week. This not only helps get the Word deep in your heart, but is also an excellent mental exercise.
Beyond Mediocre - AN EXTRAORDINARY LIFE!
Love is to be the principle ruling factor in our lives.
*LOVE MUST be our Driving Force.
* Human nature will always lean toward self seeking
* God nature in you will always lean toward love and concern for others.
* Holy Spirit within us is the one who helps us keep things in their proper perspective.
With our love walk in good order we find ourselves heading in the right direction in life.
* We are born to serve as co-laborers with God (1Cor 3:9 & 2Cor 6:1)
* and imitators of Christ (Eph 5:1).
Walking life this way is not average but is our divine purpose, given by God. How we can be more consistent in our walk of faith is what we will look at today.
Even our natural circumstances, when living a life as a believer, will require a strong work ethic. Regardless of whether or not we are in the five fold ministry, we are all ministers.
To have an experience such as Jesus spoke of in the parable of the good Samaritan, takes a person whose efforts in life produce more than just enough. The good Samaritan had wealth he was able to share. We must be vessels fit for the masters use.
* We aren't in this life for what we can get, but rather for what love we can give!
We can’t let life’s tough breaks keep us down. We are called to always triumph in Christ. Let’s look at some scripture to help us get up, stay motivated and be energetic.
*We have an assignment from God!
*This world needs to know the savior!
To carry out your mission/purpose the following steps will help:
Ecclesiastes 9:10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work or device or knowledge or wisdom in the grave where you are going.
- We have one opportunity to bear fruit for Gods kingdom. Let’s not squander it.
- Don't put off to tomorrow what you know God wants you to do today!
- Time is the stuff life is made of; Do not squander it!
- Today is the first day of the rest of your life - Have an impact for God's kingdom!
John 9:4 I must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work.
* Enthusiasm will carry you past nay sayers and through
difficulties more than knowledge can!
*an excitement - burning desire - to serve God's kingdom.
2Timothy 1:6-7 Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
* Continue feeding on those godly things which motivate you!
Luke 12:42-43 And the Lord said, “who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his master will make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of food in due season? Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes.
* We have ears to hear - Spend time with the Lord daily and listen for His voice.
* What we see in the Word of God we must do!
*When Holy Spirit gives you an unction in your heart, act on it. (These acts of love and kindness reveal God to the lost and hurting) - which leads us to point 4
Matthew 5:16 "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven".
- Letting our light shine is more about us walking in an attitude of love than about what we say. (kindness, helpfulness, generosity...)
- We must live life on purpose, focused on the kingdom of God.
Life in our natural state is not endless. Our opportunity here to do some good and be of benefit is a privilege.
Think about it; you, a co-laborer with God! The one who created all that exists, is living inside you now.
With Christ you become more capable and powerful than you have probably ever considered. In fact, all things are possible to him who believes.
Go change the world!
Jesus is watching.
School Of Faith with Dan & Suzann Evangelism - Lesson 2