CHRISTIAN LIVING 2- LESSON 3 Notes
The Balanced Life
You will need your Bible and a pen & notebook to complete these lessons. You should be able to copy and paste these outlines to your word processor and print them without difficulty if you so desire. We recommend you record in your note book deep thoughts or questions that may arise as you study, and certainly record all things God reveals to your heart. Look over these notes frequently and use them even as you pray. God will cause you to grow in wisdom and understanding. Keep your note book with you throughout the day as much as possible to record all God reveals to you and to mark them in your bible. It is Gods Word speaking directly to you.
We also recommend you make a habit of memorizing a scripture each week. This not only helps get the Word deep in your heart, but is also an excellent mental exercise.
Adding Godly Balance to Our Lives
I’ve taught on “The Balanced Life” many times over the years - Balance, according to God’s Word.
Today We’ll look at how some simple attention to spending our time wisely can have huge benefits.
~The Word of God should shape our thinking
- It is our 1st and ultimate education!
- some in the world will strongly disagree
Conformed: Refers to conforming oneself to the outer fashion or outward appearance, accommodating oneself to a model or pattern.
Priorities in place bring a balanced life, and with it, peace, strength of Spirit, direction, hope and comfort to ones life.
-Knowing, with a certainty, God has your back is a confidence boost like no other!
#1. Our Faith! Stay Connected to Jesus
John 15:5 I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
- Fellowship with Him as often as possible - EVERY DAY.
He is our source
He is our strength
- Only in Him is life given meaning
- Only then are we able to fulfill our life’s purpose!
John 15:7-8 If you abid in Me and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.
By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.
* This is how the Father is glorified!!!
- By you having His power and grace and love flowing through you to bless others!!!!
JESUS SAID SO!
Loving people enough to care about their future is fundamental! Faith and Love go hand in hand!
* The balance to life is:
#2. Faith - Family - Relationships
Our faith will help us have correct balance & priorities in our lives.
- Love for God and Love for others - yes strangers included!
Proverbs 14:15 The simple believes every word, But the
prudent considers well his steps.
- Family; our 2nd priority is key to our walk with God
~How we treat our parents
- listed among the ten commandments!
-Foundational faith principle
~How we treat our spouse
-Jesus said to love them as Christ loved the church! WOW!
- This is the recipe for a strong marriage!
- Wives - This goes both ways - Love and honor you husband - even when you don’t feel like it!
~Children are to be treated with love
- direct in righteousness
- pray for and pray with
- help point them in a career that suits their personality & God‘s will - YOU know them best.
- Teach them to pray
- Help them develop their own relationship with Christ
- If their Grown, and you have little influence, Turn Up The Prayer and Trust God!
Proverbs 18:24 A man who has friends must himself be friendly, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
#3. Financial Matters
The underlying Foundational Principle is:
“seek first the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added to you..”
- The blessings are a by-product of a life prioritized correctly
- They are NEVER to be our motivation; BUT We still have to have faith regarding finances.
- The Word declares to be generous and we shall also be blessed as a result.
- The Word teaches simple business principles like investing money to gain interest - But we are also to give to the poor, not to get in return but rather out of genuine love.
Love is the Motivation - NOT MONEY
- Having our needs met is the subsequent blessing!
And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.
Therefore be imitators of God as dear children, and walk in love, as Christ also has loved us…
GOD WILL PROSPER HIS PEOPLE BUT CARNAL GREED AND WORLDLY DESIRES ARE NOT TO BE PART OF THE BELIEVERS LIFE!
Thankfulness is key to our financial blessing
- Praise God for His provision always
- Honor Him with thankfulness
-Honor Him with generosity toward others and His Work (church/ministries)
- Never neglect the needy
- Don’t forget the missionaries!
- Rejoice in the good times!
- The Sabbath was made for man, not the other way around - Pharisees had it wrong; all religion no relationship
-God said rest one of the seven week days. That’s 14.285714 % of your time! A 7th of your life!
Rest, relax, go fishing! ( Or as my grandfather would say,"go dancing")
Church IS FUN when your connected to Jesus!
Psalm 122:1 I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go into the house of the Lord.”
God first in everything - YES - but make time to relax, refresh and enjoy!
Refresh - Refocus - Restore - Renew!
Each day, one day at a time, walk with God. Don’t allow circumstances to distract from your connection and fellowship with Him.
Psalm 34:7-10 The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, And delivers them
Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!
Oh, fear the Lord, you His saints! There is no lack to those who fear Him.
The young lions lack and suffer hunger; But those who seek the Lord shall lot lack any good thing.
School Of Faith with Dan & Suzann Christian Living 2- Lesson 3 Notes